A Fast, Low Stress Attorney for Probate Law
When you are coping with the loss of a loved one, being served by a deeply caring, experienced, and understanding attorney allows estate administration decisions to be made as easy as possible. Working with us lets you benefit from the personal touch, which is often missing from larger firms. Let us help you with matters of probate law in Shavertown, PA.
Our attorney, Bernard Walter, will guide you through each stage of the probate process and help you navigate the important decisions that accompany it. As founder and long-time chairman of the Elder Law Committee of Luzerne County Bar Association, he can apply his years of experience with probate law to make a positive impact for you. Our firm also can assist you by providing online attorney services when an in-person meeting is not viable.
If you are facing an immediate need or looking to put a long-term plan in place, the Law Offices of Bernard Walter is ready to help you ensure your family is protected. A proper will, power of attorney, and a living will are all items that help minimize the risks of family disputes and delays.
Taking Care of the Paperwork
Estate planning and the probate process hinges on making sure all of the proper documents are filed promptly. Probate begins with an analysis of the will followed by the drafting of an initial petition for the Letters Testamentary to permit the executor to assume his or her duties to the Estate and the beneficiaries. Without a will in place, we work with beneficiaries to establish who should assume estate administration duties.
You can rely on our firm for a wide range of probate services, including:
- Organizing/Safeguarding Estate Assets for Inventory and Tax Reporting
- Prioritizing and Validating for Payment of Debts and Bills Accruing During Administration
- Distribution of Estate Assets to Beneficiaries
- Asset Titling to Transfer Legal Ownership
- Preparation/Filing of the Inheritance Tax Return
- Document Preparation and Filing
- Offer Fair and Neutral Assistance for Dispute Resolution
- Estate Settlement Agreement or Accounting